Thursday, April 5, 2012

Welcome To My Humble Abode

First and foremost, I would like to say THANK YOU so much for taking time out your hectic life to read this and I hope you enjoy.

Being a New Yorker simply means that crazy is normal and normal is crazy. If you tell a New Yorker that your stores close at 6pm so that everyone can be home in time for dinner; first you would get this look o__O then they would say you were CRAZY to live like that. However, if a New Yorker was heading to work and there was a naked bum laying down on the seat next to them, they wouldn't be fazed; they would just continue reading "Hunger Games" on their Kindle Fire. It's like we are immune to these things.

However, I have actually noticed tourists taking pictures of crazy things in New York that we take for granted. SOOOO I decided to act like a tourist, being observant to every little thing that occurred (Trying to see if I would notice these things as well). Would you believe that I discovered, New Yorkers are actually CRAZY?? I know, I know stop the presses this is breaking news. If you are a fellow New Yorker I aim to prove this abstract theory of mine with my findings. And if you are not a New Yorker, you already know we are crazy so I don't need your input. I KID, I KID. LOL

But seriously, it's like New York is the number one vacation spot for people who are a couple of eggs short of a dozen. If you say that you never saw anything way out of the norm in New York, there are only two conclusions to be drawn: 1. You are legally Blind or 2. You are ONE OF THEM!!!! (the crazies that this). LOL. That is why I am going to document with words, pictures and video this crazy world around me. Some things may be good, bad, hilarious, heart-wrenching, or uplifting; but I aim to give everyone a better look at New York through the eyes of a New Yorker.

I must say as much as I am a weirdo magnet I cannot chronicle these things alone. I need YOUR help. If you see anything that is bizarre and worth sharing, take a picture or video clip and send it to AvgNYer@gmail.com. Each Friday I will post up the pic or clip of the week. So stayed tuned and welcome to my humble abode, New York

Signed,
Average New Yorker

No comments:

Post a Comment